Friday, January 26, 2007

New Job--New Game?

So I had enough. I went to Big Sandy last weekend to hang with the Karlmeister, and I had enough. Enough talk of a certain online video game that I didnt understand.

Coming home, I promptly bought it. Bad move, I got hooked. Wednesday morning I bought World of Warcraft, and I get back home about 11:00am. I install it, and that takes about an hour, not entirely unexpected. I go to play it and when I signed on, I had to download a patch. Ok this is not entirely unexpected either, since the software was written 2 years ago.

well it takes nearly another hour to install the patch. I log in. Another Patch awaits. crap.
So another 45 minutes later I'm downloading the 3rd patch. which also takes about an hour to download and install. Furious that it has taked nearly 4 hours to install and get right, I log on.
Only find a slew of small update patches to install and download.

At this time, I took up the near floor-to-ceiling sized Sword lain against the wall and beat the crap out of my bed. I went downstairs where I could get a full swing in and did exactly that.

well the game installs and runs, and its half way through 3pm. I play untill 2am. This game is amazing.


enough of that: I'm working finally!
So on thursday I go to work, foregoing sleep, since my schedule was so messed up from many days of staying up past 4 am. I meet up with the guy I work with, John, and eat breakfast at IHOP. large breakfast, he unexpectingly pays for it.
Well we get to the place where my Dad's company had been storing a ton of lumber, and start loading up the trailer to move it all to John's backyard. The first load was probably about 7000 pounds of lumber, loaded by myself and John by hand into the trailor. I was using my back, apparently. The next load was about 8000 lbs of wood and most were trusses bolted together making them really heavy to only move one at a time. I used my back again, apparently.

well friday rolls around, and we have to move the company into a different bigger office. Lots of heavy stuff. I was using my arms this time around, I assume. A day's worth of moving later, John tells me that he needs one of the trailors full of wood unloaded because one is his, and he needs to use it this weekend. He tells me this at 4:10pm on friday. Hmmm sunset at 5:30 and we've got a ton of traffic to make it through. Well we get there and its about 4:45 or so, and theres a ton (or a few) of wood to de-load. Well I continue on helping him unload the trailer, and 5:30 comes, and lingers for a while. I contemplated going home, but John would have to unload the rest of the trailer himself, and I didnt want that. While I was unloading the wood, I told the story of the ox in the ditch to John, since we had been talking about religion and God for a while, and he was curious. He tells me he appreciates it. Then we're done and I get out of there.

well thats my story.

3 comments:

Galaxia Alpha said...

The ox in the ditch always confuses me. I guess I'm not really sure where to apply it. That's something I should probably study into.

Congratulations on your new game. I'm afraid to go near any games. I've been through my gamer phases (oh Link, how I love you and your cute little masks). For a while I played all the Mist games, but then I went to a gaming store to buy the newest one and the guy at the register looked at me and said, "Only old people play these games."

Josh K said...

So now he knows that he has to let you know about things coming up on Sabbath sooner, right?
I know some people up here that play WoW, too. You may have met them in KC. I personally haven't played it.

Victor said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus